Frequently Asked Questions
Slots & In-App Purchases
What will I get if I buy more slots?
Slots are storage space on the app, and they allow you to save cards into your inventories and decks, by scanning or text searching them.
All In-App slots are one-time purchases, so you won’t be able to buy the same one twice.
If I buy slots will I also unlock the sets for sale?
No, they are separate purchases. Most cards can be saved into Inventories and Decks for free, except for the latest Standard sets.
In order to save cards from these expansions, you have to purchase them. As a small gift for purchasing these sets, we also offer 100 additional slots to your existing ones.
Why don’t you offer the most recent expansions for free?
Because it takes work to keep the app updated, and we want to keep developing new features.
We also believe that paying $2.99 every 2/3 months is a fair price, and we do try to have every expansion available before release.
Why can’t I make a one-time purchase and unlock all current and future content?
We offer different in-app purchases options to accommodate for different needs.
For example: you can buy the number of slots according to how big your collection is. New players will likely need fewer slots, veterans will need more. Having different price points allows us to tailor our offer to both ends.
Can I get a refund?
Yes, and you must request it to Apple since we don’t handle refunds.
- Launch Mail from your Home screen
- Search for “Your receipt from Apple” if it’s not immediately visible.
- Tap on the receipt for the purchase you want refunded. (Unless you remember the date, there’s no way to tell which receipt unless you tap it to open it, so you might end up tapping a lot…)
- Tap Report a Problem next to the purchase you want to report. You will be redirected to Apple’s problem reports page.Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Tap Choose Problem and select a problem from the menu.
- Enter details for your problem, then tap Submit.
If you run into any issues write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feature Requests and Upcoming Features
I’m using an Android phone. Will you add a Collection Manager and more decks?
Yes, we’ve been building this for some months now, we’ll announce the release date as soon as we’re ready! Yes, you can expect the new app to be released in June, 2019. You can watch the teaser for the app here.
Will you add an import feature?
We’re considering the best way to do it.
We want to improve and simplify the process of bringing your collection onto the app, which is especially important for users with large collections. You can expect more details on this subject soon.
Will you be adding more search filters (By color, CMC, rarity, etc)?
Yes, we’re working on it!
Why can’t I create decks from my Inventory cards?
We’re working on it!
We’re doing a major overhaul of the app, and the next version will provide more integration between Inventories and decks.
Will you build a web Portal for the app?
Yes. We expect to release it in Q1 2020. You can subscribe to our mailing list on the https://bigar.com/mtg landing page and we’ll notify you when it is live.
Common Issues & Questions
Can I sync the app between my iPhone and my iPad?
You can, just make sure both devices share the same iCloud account.
- Perform a manual backup on the app. Go to Settings > Backup (Restore or manually backup your inventory!) > Click Backup Database at the bottom of the list.
- Make sure you have iCloud on, and confirm that the Manual backup created an entry with “You username -Cards: Number / Current date and hour”.
- On the other device you wish to sync the app with, go to backups and click on the one you just saved, then hit Restore and download prices again.
Why can’t I find the correct edition of a card?
This could be due to a problem with the database linkage.
If you were unable to find the correct version while scanning, a workaround is to text-search it.
Please write us an email to email@example.com so our team can look into it.
Why can’t I find some promo cards (FNM promos, Player Rewards, Judge Promos, etc.)?
Some promos and tokens are missing from the card database. We’re developing a solution to make sure that every single Magic card ever printed is available on the app.